Write a paragraph of five to seven sentences discussing one tradition your family has. This tradition might be related to a holiday, a religious observance, etc. Be thorough in your discussion and include specific details of your experiences. Your goal is grammatical perfection, so be sure to proofread carefully before submitting.

Comments

Mrs. K
01/05/2012 14:39

When I was growing up, my parents insisted that we eat supper together at the dining room table. They were both busy school principals, but they wanted to make sure they didn't get their priorities out of order. Family came first. We prayed first, ate using respectable table manners, and talked all through the meal. They asked me about my day, found out what I had for homework, and caught up on all the news about my friends. We made big decisions at that table--where I would go to college, what to spend on a used car for me, and even whether or not we should move to a different city. I felt like part of a team sitting at that little square table, and I want to continue that tradition with my own children.

Malcolm B
01/06/2012 06:41

Like all family traditions we have one that is very important to me. Every year on Christmas day my family and i wake up at eight AM sharp and wait for the other family members to arrive at the house. Once we are all warm and gathered around the tree we begin to swarm and open the presents that where left for us. Every year it leaves found memory's and i plan to pass this tradition on with my children.

Denise
01/06/2012 06:46

In my family we usally go every were togther .Like vacaction,travaling going in trips,partys,even family reuion spending time with each other getting to know each other have fun.But not all the time im with my family i like to hang out with my friends to.

Antonio Gainey
01/06/2012 06:37

My mom and my dad and me always celebrate christmas. We always have a big dinner and laugh. We also go to my dad's hometown and I see my grandma and grandpa. We always have a big breakfest down there it is delicious. We always have a great christmas when everything goes as planned. I can't wait when I do this with my own family someday.

Robert B
01/06/2012 06:38

During Christmas vacation every year my family rents a cabin for a few days. We play in the snow, hangout, and eat a big meal. Sometimes we invite cousins and friends. we do activites such as hike, fish, sled and spend time with close family. I would like to continue this tradition.

Safa I
01/06/2012 06:40

My family and I always have family meetings on every friday. We talk about are week and we eat my mom's home made sweets. My dad tells us some of his childhood stories.My mom ends up correcting him. They both used to live together since they are cousins. I love spending time with my family.

Adam B
01/06/2012 06:41

My Family has a tradition with christmas decorations. Every year the week after thanksgiving our entire family begins to transform our house into a christmas wonderland. We start with outdoor decorations. We have four light up trees in the front yard. Our house is always the brightest house on the block! The christmas tree is the next decoration we do. It stands tall as we decorate it with colorful lights, and our favorite childhood heirlooms, and ornaments. Christmas brings us closer together as a family. No matter how busy everyone is we always make time for it.

Will P.
01/06/2012 06:41

We as a family usually prepare all the food for thanksgiving over night. When all the food is done, we round up with the family and all our brothers and sisters from Church. We all have a huge dinner and party together. Everybody brings different foods from each of their country. Sometimes we sing together but most of the time we just end up joking around with eachother. Thanksgiving is always a blessing for us. It's just a way of all of us letting loose and having fun with our family and friends.

KamaraD.
01/06/2012 06:41

When I was growing up my mom always had us get down on our knees, and pray before we went to bed. We would have to bow our heads and repeat after her, she would say "Now you lay us down to sleep I pray the lord my soul to keep and if I die before I wake I pray the lord my soul to take". After she had us say that we would have to read a verse in the bible. Then we would go to bed and start the process all over again the next day.

christian
01/06/2012 06:42

One tradition in my family is eating at the golden coral.The golden coral has a all you can eat buffet that is amazing.The tea is great. Also unlimited refills .

Jessica C.
01/06/2012 06:43

Christmas is a very important holiday to my family. Every single 24h of December we go to church and everybody brings a typical meal of their country. Its really nice that way because there are many different foods, that everyone can share. Its a nice time. We wear our best outfits and take bunches of pictures! and after that we go to my grandmother's house and while waiting for 12 to come we watch the Nativity story. As soon as the clock hits twelve all the kids go crazy for their gifts. But the reason i would want to keep this tradition going, is because the children recognize the true meaning of Christmas. While spending time with the ones who love them. :D

01/06/2012 06:44

My family tradition is really interesting and unique.We always pray before we eat and we pray five time a day.We eat 3 times a day.First it is breakfast after that it will be lunch and finally dinner.If I have family I would make my own tradition.It would be way better than what it is now and it will be less religious.I would like my own family tradition but for now i will have to go with the current family tradition.

zar
01/06/2012 06:45

when i think of family tradtions th first thing i think of is family time. Rather its playing the will going shopping or dinner we are alway together

Brenda A.
01/06/2012 06:47

One tradition my family has is having a Quinceanera. A Quincenera is a celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday. It means that your leaving your childhood behide and your becoming a young women.

Phetrasy
01/06/2012 06:48

My family and I would go to the temple somewhere around April to go celebrate our new years. First we pray and wish for a new start and hope wealth and good luck will come into our life. After that we eat and dance, then we spray water at people to wish them good luck, and to wash away the bad fortune that are in their life.

Audia G.
01/06/2012 06:49

A tradition that has not changed since i was a child is going to the store in the winter just to get some ice cream. I remember getting up in the morning asking my mother can me and my sister go to the store. It was always cold seeing how we lived up north but the cold didnt phase us one bit. We had many stories to tell on that little walk and much fun playing in the snow. When we got to the store we would just sit in there because it was so warm and the heat made our almost numb fingers feel so good. As soon as we would leave we would race home and meet our mom at the door and i would always win, it never failed. I just hope when i have kids someday they'll have as much fun as me and my sister did in the snow.

Chris N
01/06/2012 07:26

Every summer since I was 10, my father, brother, and I have taken a trip down to Mississippi to visit my father's side of the family. I always enjoy the company of my grandparents and other relatives;but what I enjoy most is driving one of my grandfather's tractors across the many acres of land he owns. My brother enjoys feeding the livestock while my father simply likes to sit and talk with relatives he has not seen in months. Though I enjoy my time there, I am always sad to leave. But I am also glad to know that I will return next year.

06/11/2012 17:52

I definitely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would really benefit from a lot of the information you present here. this Post is really helpful! Thanks!

06/11/2012 17:59

Thanks for the marvelous posting! The weblog was completely fantastic! Numerous great info and inspiration, each of which we all want!Your Blog is very good, I like it! Thank you for your sharing!