Shakespear's tragedy Macbeth is all about power and the means one family will use to gain it. Think of something you have always wanted (e.g., a physical object, talent, skill, person, job, situation). How badly do you want this thing? What would you be willing to do to get it? Write five to seven PERFECT sentences in response to this prompt. Have at least one other student proofread before you submit!

Comments

Moo moo
03/13/2012 11:50am

The perfect thing I wanted the most was a car and I finally got it yesterday.The hardest thing about getting the car was are sure it wouldn't have any car problems,believe it are not for a whole month I prayed asking god to give me the car I wanted.I seriously had to sacrifice things that I hate doing like calling and looking around at car dealership's everything was well with the car at the end but I really thank god because, he answered my prayer's.

MT
03/13/2012 11:51am

I want this hat, but I wouldn't do to much to get it. I really want it, but I would do the bare minimum to get it. I'd get a job and save up money, but that's it. I wouldn't do anything illegal or immoral to get the hat. There isn't many things I want, but that's just a basic piece of clothing I want, nothing big or extremely expensive. Just something I want in a short period of time without having to go through too much of a hardship to purchasenit.

Tre
03/13/2012 11:52am

I have alway dreamed of having a a huge house and a lot of money.if I had a chance at getting that and I was up against family I would turn it Down.But if I had the chance against anybody I would most likely make them think that I am their friend.After I befriend them I would lure them into a empty dark spot.Once we get there I would physically disable him from the tornerment

Wai
03/13/2012 11:52am

There isn't exactly a specific item or person that I want, but more of a high middle class lifestyle. I really want my parents to live extravagantly for they work so hard every day just so my siblings and I can live a comfortable life. If I had a lifestyles of which I can just about get any items of my choosing, I would've probably be a very happy person. Plus, I think my parents would be less strict towards what I can and can't do. I would do just about anything to have that lifestyle. Even if it means to go to school for 13 ore years.

Mari
03/13/2012 11:53am

The thing that I want the most is someone that I care deeply about.Whether he knows it or not ,I would do anything for him. We use to be close but now we are slowly drifting apart. I would give the world to this guy and I know that he would do the same for me. I just wish it would be sooner that he realizes that I care for him and would do anything for him.

Susan spivey
03/13/2012 11:53am

If I had to choose the one thing I always wanted or wanted to do is play the guitar. Growing up I always loved watching the country singer's play the acoustic guitar. It was an amazing thing to me. I've always wanted to learn, I would go around begging my mom for lessons and she would get mad. I think now that the only way I'm ever going to learn is to get a job and take lessons. I would do it to, because that's how bad I want to learn.

Irazema
03/13/2012 11:53am

The job I always wanted was to become a register nurse. I feel very anxious to fulfill my pathway and to get hands on work for I enjoy it.
i will achieve my goal by going to college. I would work very hard and complete my tasks and assignments on time. Also I would pay attention in class and try not to get distracted.

Marcus
03/13/2012 11:53am

Throughout my life, what I desire has changed like the seasons. When I was younger my desires were centered around selfish personal gains. As my years have come about me, I have moved to desires that benefit not only myself but the ones around me. With a daughter on the way, all I desire is financial stability. I want the security of knowing that I will never have to worry about ow my daughter is going to have clothes on her back or food in her stomach. I want my daughter to have her necessities while also having some of the luxuries that make life that much more enjoyable.

Claudia
03/13/2012 11:54am

The skill I have always wished to have is being able to fly. I imagine myself way up in the sky where all the birds fly. Not only will I see everything from above but it will be an awesome view. Having the ability to fly will give me freedom. For example if I am ever mad I'll be free to fly anywhere. This is the beauty of flying. I hope one day I'll fly high above the sky.

Mat
03/13/2012 11:55am

ABK
03/13/2012 11:55am

What I have always wanted to be is a parent, and I would say I have gone to some pretty drastic extremes to be one. Behind me is a trail of treatments, surgeries, failed adoptions, and money spent to achieve this seemingly unattainable goal. What options do I have left? I could kidnap some cute kid, put an ad on Craig's List, or drop by a day care and pose as the distant cousin coming to pick up the child.

TKNL
03/13/2012 11:56am

So far in life there isn't much that I don't already have that I've always wanted. The only thing that I haven't gotten yet is my diploma or as I call it my ticket out the door. I would stay after school everyday and on weekends to get it, or I would pay the teachers to bring my grade up, and last but not least I would to extra work if needed.

Kiki
03/13/2012 11:57am

I have always wanted to be accepted for who I am and not what I'm set out to be. My parents force to see the perfection in me but never see the imperfection. They continuasly put me down because I am not doing what is expected. I would give anything to just have my mom tell me that it's ok to be me. I will never be perfect to her and I may never live up to her expectations but I honestly try to please her and thats all I can do

M ward
03/13/2012 11:58am

I have always wanted to be a singer/ songwriter , I have always loved music and the arts. I will want to be a singer but even if I don't have the most amazing voice I would want to write and produce music. I love all types of music and love listening to everything. As far as what I will do to get Mathis dream I would.

ES
03/13/2012 12:02pm

What I really want right now is a car. I want a car more than anything right now. I want a car so much that I'd be willing to steal all my fathers money and credit cards to be able to buy it. I'd push him into his closet, put a big dresser in front of it so that he couldn't get out and then run off with the money. I'd take a taxi to a dealership, get me a car, and then I'd eventually call my sister to let my dad out the closet, but I wouldn't be home for a while.

Karina
03/13/2012 12:03pm

To think about something I really want now is really hard. If you were to ask me that same question when I was younger I would of said a lot of things. I think now that I am older I just want to get through school, get into a good college and end up with a good job. What will I be willing to do for this? First of all I would probably start working harder in school.

Ana
03/13/2012 12:04pm

Something I really have wanted is learn how to play the piano. Learning how to play it it's something I have desire lol for a long time. I write my own song, so I want to compose them in the piano. I'm willingly to work for my parents as a babysitter because even though I take care of my brother they don't pay me( he is annoying sometimes). Well there is so many things that's would do to take my piano lessons, however I wouldn't steal or kill someone. I guess my passion will have to wait for a while.:)

MkS
03/13/2012 12:05pm

The one thing I wanted the most was to be the richest man in the world. Im willing to do what ever it takes to be the richest person. The way I can get there is invent something that will get me to that level. I willing to go to a point to get my goals, like I'm not willing to kill some one or steel from some one. That is really what I wanted in my life.